TracPipe® Fact Sheet
- Corrugated stainless steel tubing (CSST) originated in Japan as a solution to damaged gas piping caused by earthquakes.
- The TracPipe® brand was introduced by OmegaFlex® in 1997.
- Corrugated stainless steel tubing (CSST) has a 30-year installation history, initially in Japan and then in North America, where the product has captured more than 50% of the US gas pipe market.
- In 2000, Omega Flex Limited was established in the UK, and TracPipe® tubing was brought to the UK market in 2002.
- TracPipe® sold in the UK is designed and engineered specifically to suit the UK methods of construction and to fully comply with BS 7838, which allows for TracPipe® to be directly installed in the screed or underground.
- TracPipe® is made of flexible Corrugated Stainless Steel Tube (CSST) with a yellow polyethylene protective cover containing flame spread, smoke density inhibitors and UV resistance in accordance with British Standard BS 7838 and BS EN 15266.
- BS 7838 is a performance standard that requires CSST to pass a batch of mechanical tests, many of which are not included in BS EN 15266. Among those mechanical tests in BS 7838 are resistance to corrosion from moisture, and TracPipe® has that protection from a 0.5mm thick polyethylene jacket.
- TracPipe® can typically save up to 75% of the time normally required for a steel or copper pipe installation.
- The product comes in convenient reels of up to 90 metres in length for long continuous pipe runs, in diameters of 12, 15, 22, 28, 32, 40 and 50mm.
- TracPipe® KITS in shorter lengths of 5, 10 and 15 metres are supplied with TracPipe® self-amalgamating tape and available with or without AutoFlare® fittings – ideal for smaller installations, where domestic heating engineers run or replace, undersized pipework between the gas meter and an appliance.
- TracPipe® is BSI Kitemarked to British Standard BS7838, and is suitable for natural gas, propane or butane, (1st, 2nd and 3rd family gases), at working pressures to 75mbar.
- TracPipe® has been used in over 10,000 locations throughout the UK, including Knightsbridge, the Titanic Quarter, Discovery Wharf, Edgbaston Cricket Club, and numerous local authority homes, schools and flats.
- TracPipe® is available through all of the UK’s national distributors and many independent merchants. It is also sold in 8 other European countries.
- TracPipe® is also installed on boats, and used on many gas lamps across the UK.
- TracPipe® tubing is manufactured in the UK in Banbury, Oxfordshire, from where it is shipped across UK, Europe and South Africa.
- Omega Flex Limited actively train and register installer's consultants and specifiers how to safely design and fit TracPipe® systems. We now have in excess of 20,000 registered TracPipe® users. To request training, please click here.
Makes life easier and more profitable!
A product, sold across the world and dominates the US gas pipe market is making life easier – and more profitable – for installe... Read More
From the Help lines
In this feature, Registered Gas Engineer asks a manufacturer about the most common queries that engineers ask their technical helplines. Thi... Read More
Click here to view our product range
Click here to download our new TracPipe® pdf brochure.